When you decide to professionally treat your home and lawn for fleas, there are several preparations you should take to get ready for your flea treatment. Most reliable pest control companies, such as Holifield Pest Management, will tell you that treating fleas is a three-part process: home, pet, and yard.
- Notice areas where your pets spend their time – both indoors and outdoors.
- Treat your pets for fleas or arrange for your veterinarian to treat them for fleas. To guard against reinfestation, keep freshly treated pets out of infested areas until they are treated.
- It is important to vacuum carpets, floors, upholstered furniture, including cushions, draperies, rugs, and mattresses before treatment.
- Take special care to clean or vacuum wood and tile floors, as well, with extra attention paid to cracks, grooves, and baseboards. Dispose of the vacuum cleaner bag by placing the bag in a plastic bag and sealing the bag before disposing of in outdoor trash receptacle or by incineration, if safe to do so.
- Wash or dispose of all pet bedding.
- Outdoors, sweep all traffic surfaces, including porches, steps, and decks. Cut your lawn short in addition to eliminating tall vegetation areas and all debris.
- Make sure all food is either covered and placed in cabinets or the fridge.
- Cover food prep surfaces, appliances, and utensils. Remove indoor and outdoor pet bowls from the area to be treated.
- Remove all toys and decorative items from the floor and store them in other rooms or closets.
- Remember to cover fish tanks and relocate birds, hamsters, and other pets.
- Arrange for all people and pets to stay out of the home for at least four hours to allow treated areas to dry completely.
Preparing for professional flea extermination can take some time but it is time well spent when you consider the desired result. If your DIY flea control efforts are not enough to get rid of the fleas in your home, it is time to contact a professional pest control company that has experience in flea control. In Stone County and George County Counties, you can count on the experienced team at Holifield Pest Management to resolve your flea issues. Contact us to schedule a free inspection.
Protect Your Laurel & Hattiesburg, MS Home From Pests With The Help Of Holifield
As a family owned and operated business, Holifield Pest Management understands how important keeping your home and family safe is to you. And we can help you accomplish that goal by providing you with the services needed to keep your home pest-free all year round! To get started with our residential pest control services, reach out to us today!
Get Started With Holifield Pest Management Today
For professional pest control for your home or business, reach out to Holifield Pest Management!
Schedule A Inspection Today
107 N. 14th Ave
Laurel, Mississippi, 39440